Saturday, March 27, 2010

Murray Brothers Charity Golf Tournament

Last fall I started working for Gumps Sports Photography. Jeff Gump is the owner. He primarily does pictures for little league teams throughout Jacksonville and other surrounding cities. However, he also does other sporting events, like Jaguar games and special events. He called me last Sunday evening and asked me to shoot the Murray Brothers Charity Golf Tournament. Wow! I was shocked. That is a huge event and I was honored that he thought enough of me to represent him and his company.
Everything started with a party on Thursday, the golf tournament on Friday and then another party Friday night.
The purpose of the event was to raise money for the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind. FSDB is special to me because one of my friend's son goes to school there.The festivities began Thursday evening with a party for all the players and celebrities. Some of the students from FSDB provided the music entertainment. They were awesome!! There was a silent and live auction Thursday night to raise money. It was a fun night and a really fun crowd. Friday was the golf tournament. People paid to play golf with a celebrity and all money went to the school. The event ended with another party Friday night. Needless to say at 2am Saturday morning when I finally got home I was EXHAUSTED!! But what fun event!!

here are some shots from the event...

bill murray in his element


murray brothers dancing


auction winner


FSDB musicians


david garrard leads heads to the golf course
(what a nice guy!!!)


a fun group walking off the green


adam wins the crazy pants contest


maurice jones-drew and friends


prepping for the put


josh scobee


ernest wilford


jack del rio




branford marsalis


chris richardson (american idol season 6)


paula trickey and kristi swanson


the friday night band


bill murray dances with a student from FSDB... the reason for the event...

No comments: